View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 02:48 PM   #54
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If I was an avid reader of comics / graphic novels (and all of TinTin, Asterix and older Batman was economically available) and there was a colour eink at least 220 ppi for colour about 12″ to 14″ at under €450 I'd consider it. But current colour eink are too low resolution and too expensive and I rarely read comics/graphic novels apart from the cheap cartoon style UK ones when I was a kid. Not bought any in 20 years.

So it's partly personal preference. Currently the colour eink seem overpriced and over sold. It's just a mono eink with a colour filter. The eink generally are overpriced presumably due to E Ink Corp monopoly, or else the panels really are horrendously expensive compared to anything else except real LED (they are even more expensive).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote