View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 05:56 PM   #43
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
For people who selected "Yes," how many of you edit the actual book itself vs just editing the metadata/cover photo?
Me.
The book gets a new hi-res cover, css is replaced with my own, which means updating all the tags throughout the book.
New TOC and title page.
Rename all the files, esp if they are using the isbn in the filename
Probably a character summary at the end if it is a complex book.
Essentially the book is completely overhauled.

One of the more satisfying changes is removing all the excess code - p tags nested in naked divs nested in naked section and the div and sections have no css entry.
I also make all the coding uniform. I am sure a lot of editors have seen the sloppy coding where, for example, the heading tags have such variety, some using h tags, others using p tags with classes, then the combination of some having bold or italic tags and others don't. I never understand that absolute sloppiness.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote