View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 06:22 PM   #62
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
Well that was an interesting read, thanks for sharing it, I didn’t realize anyone could have such a visceral hatred for a font!

At any rate it didn’t convince me, I still think it’s beautiful
Even here on MobileRead, there have been font discussions that were almost as passionate. For me, a decent serif font for body text and a decent sans-serif font in the same family for headings works well. Otherwise a serif font for both. The less I notice the font when reading, the better.

My other need is a large glyph selection. I've read too many ebooks where the publisher has embedded a font that does not support the glyphs used in the book so you get the .notdef glyph (blank box, box with a X or ?, etc. instead of the character). That was my reason for creating my font tester epub after reading some of David Weber's War God stories where many of the character names were not showing properly. Such names as Shīgū, Tomanāk, Sothōi, Hŭrăka, Zŭrăk, Ǣtesk & Œ̄tesk for example.

BTW, if you see a white ? on a black diamond ( ), that is an indicator that an error has occurred which is very different from a valid Unicode value that has no matching glyph in the font set.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote