View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 09:20 PM   #1
sricochet
sricochet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Scientific American unable to find script

I just wanted to start this thread for troubleshooting an issue with the Scientific American news recipe on the calibre program.

When attempting to download the recipe the error window pops up that reads "Unable to find script".

Now, I must admit I have attempted to use this recipe several times in the past few weeks, so I'm not sure if I'm being blocked by Sciam or my internet setup is not proper for this particular recipe. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 lts probably 22.04.4.

I can access the calibre content server just fine. There is no proxy set up for calibre in Preferences>Miscellaneous. So I don't think it's something on my end.

I have had issues with Sciam before, so I'm thinking that it might be just a matter of wait a week or two and see if my requests get fulfilled.

I am keen on not waiting too long because I would like to get the march 2024 issue before it gets updated to April.

If this is the case then silence will be regarded as affirmation, if there is anything anyone can or will add that would be helpful I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Last edited by sricochet; 05-12-2024 at 09:55 AM.
sricochet is offline   Reply With Quote