View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 04:57 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
My Likebook is the weird Lemon Read, also Android 8.1.

The "wi-fi" on is only necessary for the "More Natural Reading Voice" option in Play Books. It uses Google's cloud / neural TTS rather than the downloaded voices.
Thanks. I'd not use the cloud service for various reasons.

I assumed since it works for you some setting must be wrong on mine. Speech recognition was disabled. Oddly this disables speech synthesis. I also switched to "private" on it. Now working same as other Androids.
Also added GBoard and turned off the slurping. The handwriting mode isn't great due to either touch or eink.

Edit:
Need to turn off Animation and a few other things on Pocketbook. Otherwise seems OK and TTS working now.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-13-2024 at 04:59 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote