View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 11:59 PM   #3
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I chose PocketBook as I wanted a device outside of the Amazon and Audible ecosystems, sideloading my ebooks and audiobooks with plenty of formats/file-type supported being critical. I can easily sideload my books via WIFI too which is incredibly convenient.

The PB devices start-up from being completely powered off within 5-6 seconds so you can avoid standby battery drain. You can manually change the durations before automated standby and power-off are triggered, or disable them completely should you wish.

The latest FW brought DarkMode (inverted) to my device which was my only real gripe previously. There's also a "light schedule" which allows the user to set the front-light brightness and warmth levels for hourly intervals over the course of a day.

Multitasking is available too if you like me enjoy listening to audiobooks or podcasts whilst playing Sudoku between bouts of reading. Or playing a little "white noise" whilst reading in a noisy coffee shop or on public transport etc. There's a simple task manager for switching quickly between active apps.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 02-13-2024 at 12:21 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote