View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 01:37 PM   #1
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Can I rsync my library?

My laptop was my daily driver for 7ish years, then about six months back I finally built a proper new desktop tower. I did a one-time export of my Calibre configs and libraries over to the new desktop with the assumption that it would become my daily driver, but for various reasons it continues to be my laptop. Now the library is out of sync again.

Both the laptop and the PC are running Linux. Can I safely rsync the Calibre Library directory between the two endpoints directly? This would be easier than my current method of using a flash-drive go-between (e.g. rsyncing from laptop -> flash drive, then flash-drive -> desktop). I had heard it was a bad idea to try to rsync across different OS's, but if they're both Linux, I'm assuming it should be fine?
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote