View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 04:06 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x6f677548 View Post
. . .

I thought that was enough, as I have the idea I saw the same approach in some other plugins. Are you sure that needs to be changed?
No, which why I used the prefix 'Observation'.

The question is: Why aren't the plugins appearing in the Get Plugins feature, given that the plugins have been added to this thread ==>> Index of plugins - MobileRead Forums

The answer is: Because they are failing to upload to the calibre Plugin Repository which you can see here ==>> Index of calibre plugins. This is the source of available plugins used by the Get Plugins feature.

The Plugin Repository is updated every hour on the half hour by the Plugin Updater (PU) process. The PU iterates through the MR Index looking for new and changed plugins, it extracts the data it needs from the MR index, from the first post in the plugin threads, and from the plugin code. For some reason this process is failing for your three plugins.

I suggest you PM kiwidude, and ask him to examine your plugin threads and code. Kiwidude is the 'owner of the calibre plugin process'…i.e. it's his baby. My observation is that the first post in your plugin threads, and the three __init__.py modules do not have the same structure as I have seen for other plugins.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote