View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 08:38 AM   #47
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arconte View Post
Is it necessary to cherry pick situations where general norms/preferences established by an individual don't apply completely? Obviously, there are scenarios where everything can be justified, and of course, if there is no alternative, audiobooks must be great, like the examples you specified. Let's not be populistic, please.

What I am saying is if someone have the option to read, it is a waste of meaning, chilling, mental exercise and beauty to listen instead of reading them.
Maybe you should say you have the option not if everyone has the option.

I both read books and listen to audiobooks. I cannot sit at my bench and read a book. I also cannot drive a car and read a book. In both circumstances I can listen to an audiobook and still pay attention to what I am doing. This is called multi-tasking. I am not wasting my time. Also, what is the beauty of reading? Reading is reading. Personally, I do not find any beauty in sitting down with a book with my eyes glued to the pages.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote