Thread: Debugging
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
First, I am not familiar with PyCharm.

I do all my calibre debugging with print statements. Yes, very old fashioned but it works, often better than stepping with an IDE. Add the print statements, restart calibre, voila. When working on a plugin I use a script to install the plugin (which is the plugin's source) then start calibre in debug mode.

This technique also lets you "instrument" base calibre if you are having some trouble with an API, assuming you are running from source.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote