View Single Post
Old 12-17-2023, 04:45 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Correct, it's for early buzz - when I used to do ARCs on Netgalley, some publishers wanted reviews whenever you read the book, some asked for reviews to be held if possible closer to publication date.

If ARCs don't result in publicity or reviews, there's no point in them for author or publisher to release.

I never had an issue with GR and ARC policy --- people bring that up to argue on ratings books not released yet -- Goodreads always responds people can use star ratings how they want, but while I see their point, we get messes like this easier. Not sure what the solution is as the system works for the greater good/enjoyment of the readers and sometimes authors half of the time.
Goodreads needs to come up with a way for you to prove you have read the ARC legally and are then allowed to post a review.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote