View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 09:19 AM   #17
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Although I have some audiobooks, I rarely listen to them because I dislike silencing the world, even when I'm at home alone. I've tried playing them when I'm working, but they take too much concentration on my part when I'm supposed to be concentrating on work. It needs to be a story which I can more or less quote verbatim - like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I think part of the problem is I don't like wearing headphones because I can only use over ear headphones. (I have narrow ear canals and a prominent anti-tragus and can't wear on/in ear for more than 15 minutes at stretch before it gets painful.) Bluetooth is a problem with audiobooks and classical music because it keeps cutting out, and I generally don't like wired unless my iPod is attached to me - otherwise it goes flying. I occasionally use headphones if I'm in the office and it's noisy, but that's rare now.

Unfortunately, at home, my iPod Classic won't talk to the new iMac, only the old MacBook and the old iMac (because it wants iTunes not Apple Music). The 2 iMacs live in the home office, but the playback would be through the old iMac which is seriously old and cranky which is why I use the MacBook for imports, not the new iMac - I've not had much luck with Apple Music and audio CDs.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote