View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 10:29 AM   #1190
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You shouldn't be seeing the JAILBREAK banner on every boot with an up to date hotfix, but, who knows, this shit be weird.
I think I found a culprit.
In current JBHotfix, file "fixup" L780-L794:
Code:
# Check if we need to do something with the OTA pubkey
if [ ! -f "${ROOT}/etc/uks.sqsh" ] && [ ! -f "${ROOT}/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" ] ; then
	# No jailbreak key, install it
	install_touch_update_key
else
	# Jailbreak key found... Check it.
	if [ "$(md5sum "${ROOT}/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" | awk '{ print $1; }')" != "7130ce39bb3596c5067cabb377c7a9ed" ] ; then
		# Unknown (?!) jailbreak key, install it
		install_touch_update_key
	fi
	if [ ! -O "${ROOT}/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" ] || [ ! -G "${ROOT}/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" ] ; then
		# Not our own? Make it so!
		install_touch_update_key
	fi
fi
All checks are good, except the last one:
Code:
	if [ ! -O "${ROOT}/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" ] || [ ! -G "${ROOT}/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem" ] ; then
		# Not our own? Make it so!
		install_touch_update_key
	fi
Currently, /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem has Owner=1001 Group=127 instead of root on both.

If I do it by hand (from normal boot Kindle over SSH), it says FS is read-only:
Code:
[root@kindle us]# mount -o rw,remount /
[root@kindle us]# chown root:root "/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem"
chown: /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem: Read-only file system
@NiLuJe,
Is this is a problem?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote