View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 06:34 AM   #1158
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Python unistall script fails

PW5 here, fw 5.16.2.1 with Language Jailbreak running without issue.

When jailbreaking, I installed successfully the python plugin, but lately I've read a message from Niluje stating it is not needed on this fw version, so I decided to uninstall it.
I have put the uninstall.bin in mrpackages folder and run the mrpi installer, but it says "script failed, moving on" and eventually reboots the UI.

When rebooting, I'm finding a new txt document among my books:

Spoiler:
Summary of logs/ccdb
This is just a summary, so please attach to any bugs: KPPMainAppV2_25000_031-juno_160201_malbec_bellatrix-406459_crash_Nov_17_11.55.00_2023.tgz

System Software Version: 031-juno_160201_malbec_bellatrix-406459
Sat Jun 10 03:39:48 UTC 2023
com.lab126.eink.malbec.os

------------------------------------
{diffs} | {CC} | {Idxr} | {cc.db} | {find} | {SysLog} | {AppLog}
------------------------------------
diff cc.db /mnt/us
Mismatches between cc.db entries and storage:

--- ccdb-entries-uudec.txt
+++ find-mnt-us.txt
@@ -1,29 +0,0 @@

[long list of kfx files omitted here]

System logs, last 500 lines
Note: attach KPPMainAppV2_25000_031-juno_160201_malbec_bellatrix-406459_crash_Nov_17_11.55.00_2023.tgz with full log to bugs!

[I had to remove lines or MR would not accept the post]

Found no developer crash logs

Found no active-content-data crash logs

You can find attached the tgz file (please remove the fake .zip extension).
This is not the first run, I ran it twice and this is the log of the second attempts.
Already in the first run I could see that even if it failed, it actually removed the python directory in main folder, but it left there the python3 directory, with about 120MB of files inside.

My question is: may I simple delete that directory and I am good to go, or is there something else I must to in order to remove the plugin?

Thanks!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote