View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM   #4
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I see, thank you for explaining things, even more for making KFX plugins, I can't imagine living in Amazon's ecosystem without them.

I was looking at file sizes and came to wrong conclusions. As far as I know plugin doesn't compress anything when used with CLI, it just takes whatever .KFS has, and packages it into .KFX. It's Kindle Create that does things differently as it creates .KFS files depending on which tool it uses, but again I don't think that it does anything at all to files themselves.

Test:
Quote:
7 jpeg photos, around 20mp each, 100% compression rate, 56mb combined file total size. (I went overboard intentionally to better see any compressions)

7 jpegs converted into pdf via pdf24 program = jpegtopdf.pdf, 58mb file size
jpegtopdf.pdf to kpfreplica.kpf via Kindle Create print replica = kpfreplica.kpf, 58mb file size
kpfreplica.kpf to kpfreplica via KFX output = kpfrepica.kfx, 59mb file size

7jpegs to kpfcomic.kpf via Kindle Create comics = kpfcomic.kpf, 116mb file size (!) (no extra work done in editor)
kpfcomic.kpf to kpfcomic.kpx via KPX ouptut = kpfcomic.kfx, 58mb
Kindle Create via comics bloats the file, but it's then debloated by KFX output. As far as quality of end files is concerned, they are all the same. And I'm certain that they are the same as original files. There is quite a bit of difference in how they are displayed in Kindle later. kpfcomic.kfx is displayed by Kindle's Comic viewer, kpfreplica.kfx by it's KFX documents (?) viewer, and jpegtopdf.pdf by it's pdf viewer. Each behaves differently.
  • Pdf; progress percentage at the bottom, thin white borders, no covers, no thumbnails, slowest page turns
  • KFX document; no progress, no white borders, covers, thumbnails, contrast options in page layout
  • KFX comics; layout page does not have contrast options, but gets animation, crop margins, page refresh, virtual panel, preview double page, (no testing done on how if any work,), dark mode doesn't invert colours, fastest page turns.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote