View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 10:07 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
Now I'm just wondering what happens to quality during conversion.
File sizes from .KFS to .KFX roughly halve when using Comics option in Kindle Create to pack images. While if I pack the same images into PDF before, and I then use Print Replica option in Kindle Create, they end up being roughly the same size.
In Comic format each page of the original PDF is rendered as a JPEG image at 300 pixels per inch and those images make up the bulk of the resulting KFX file. This will render much more quickly on a Kindle device but will not support annotation, dictionary lookup, or hyperlinks.

Print Replica format includes the original PDF along with metadata. Kindles render page images from the embedded PDF, making it slower, but handle text and hyperlinks using the associated metadata. Annotation by drawing on pages is supported on Scribes in this format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote