View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 11:56 PM   #42
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregaNooo View Post
I guess this doesn't sync to goodreads, or your ereader, and it has to be entered manually?
The plugin itself does no syncing, but if you use another plugin that does (like Goodreads Sync), then all the info this plugins needs, will be already available. You just have to set your goal.

Quote:
Status date (date) config setting: what does this correlate to? It looks like goodreads has start date, and end date (for each time reading a book), are there other statuses?
That's the date of your last reading, when you reached the current reading progress.

Quote:
Page count: integers - How is this different than progress? Is this total page count of the book?
Yes. The total page count of the book. Count Pages plugin can give this info. I don't know if Goodreads Sync does.

Quote:
I'm syncing with both Goodreads and Library Thing. I'm testing both out, not sure if I will stick with one or both. I have four plugins right now syncing calibre between the two sites: Goodreads, goodreads sync, and now reading goal, as well as LibraryThing Match plugin, and that could get a little messy if I'm not careful.
Like I said, this plugin does no syncing and does not modify calibre database. So, you are safe. It has its own database, filled with data collected from calibre custom columns. This allows it to generate graphics and keep record of you readings.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote