View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 01:40 AM   #29
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
If this has page turn buttons, reasonably fast hardware and 300 PPI I'll instantly buy it.

As for Android vs Linux for e-readers there's no contest for me: Android wins hands down.

The one point where Android just wipes the floor with Pocketbook/Kobo/Kindle is reading in foreign languages. The dictionary support is woeful on "pure ereaders". They don't support inflection, so forget about having a useful Russian or Spanish dictionary. Few languages are supported.

On an Android reader I can just install Goldendict, a stardict file for the language I want and a hunspell dictionary for morphology support and off I go. Perfect language learning device.

Would I prefer this to be implemented in Kobos own ecosystem or directly in Koreader? Yes. Is that ever going to happen? No.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote