View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 12:17 AM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Is this a clumsy attempt at satire? Or something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I rather doubt it, they've also made a post over in the NYPL version of this thread (NYC has both a library system for Brooklyn and NYC, previously I think Queens had one but it may have folded into the NYC system).
Perhaps a touching and childlike belief that they, whomever they may be, would not ban a book without a very good reason such as the judicial system ruling the book is not acceptable.

Perhaps just an attempt to stir the pot?

For the most part IRL, I find it's often people's nasty prejudices that cause pressure to be applied to have books banned. To slightly misquote a song's lyrics, "But honey, they're not our kind".
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote