View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 09:37 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
My old Boox reader died and I decided to try a Kobo Libra 2. So far so good.

Two questions:
  1. I keep my authors as LN, FN. Clearly the Kobo wants them as FN LN. I think I solved the problem with the following plugboard for authors. Is there something else I should do?
    Code:
    program:
    	comma = '';
    	res = '';
    	for author in $authors separator '&':
    		res = strcat(res, comma, swap_around_comma(author));
    		comma = ', '
    	rof;
    	res
Kobo only reads the first dc:creator tag it finds. And assumes the authors are "FN LN" and that multiple authors "FN1 LN1, FN2, LN2, ...". I usually recommend:

Code:
program: raw_list('authors', ', ')
But, what you have looks like it should work.
Quote:
  • For collections: I found the configuration to make collections from values in columns. What I want is something that I could do with the old Sony PRS 350: prefix the column name to the collection value (see the tweak "Specify renaming rules for SONY collections"). With this ability and assuming the columns #genre, tags, and #cbhpri, the result would something like
    CBH Pri: high
    Genre: Gobble
    Tags: foo
    Tags: Bar
    Is there already some way to do this?
No, there isn't. I remember looking at that when I was writing the collections code, but, decided not to use it. You should be able to do it in a custom column. I have been thinking about allowing the use of a template instead of the list of columns. I am already using them elsewhere, so it would make sense to use them here as well. The main thing is to make sure it is backwardly compatible.
Quote:
EDIT: Is there any big downside to not entering my Kobo account into the reader other than not being able to buy books from the reader itself?
In the past, you had to do that by updating the database. Kobo added a sideloaded mode in firmware 4.31 which works well. I have one of my devices setup like this, and apart from syncing books to Kobo, I don't see anything missing. I do buy books from Kobo, so I don't use this for the devices I use daily.
Quote:
EDIT 2: Is there a way to give a different device name in the Kobo Utilities plugin devices tab? If this goes well then my wife will also get the same reader and it would be nice to tell them apart other than with the serial number.
As @theducks said, the device can be renamed in the device list on the Device tab. But, and I had completely forgotten this, you can only rename the device when it is connected. And it is only used by the plugin, not the driver. What I have just noticed is that this is not shown in the tooltip for the button. I'll fix this.

And I wonder if it would be safe for the plugin to set the name used by the driver. I'll have to experiment.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote