View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 10:31 AM   #59
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
Status update: I did decide to look into how exactly ADE stores its activation, and the next version of the plugin will also support importing an existing activation from Adobe Digital Editions into the plugin without using up an activation. I have tested this with ADE on Windows and ADE on Mac (they both needed completely seperate implementations ...)
You may have solved this already, but just in case... There is a difference between an activation.xml file and the ADE activation data in the Windows registry. The privateLicenseKey is stored encrypted in Windows. DeDRM has code to decrypt that, but it incorrectly uses an IV of all zeros, causing the first 16 bytes of the decrypted value to be incorrect. That doesn't matter for DeDRM since it does not use those bytes, but it may matter for your plugin. The IV to properly decrypt that field is the first 16 bytes of the base-64 decoded fingerprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
Thanks jhowell for poking me and suggesting that again
Thanks you for all of the work that you are putting into this.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote