View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
My nephew tried to make a PinePhone work for him — he gave it five or six months and finally gave up on it. So I'm a little jaded about this outfit. But I like the idea PineNote and I hope it works out for folks.
pine64.org has not yet claimed that the pinephone is ready for use as a phone. Wakeup for incoming calls, audio quality, battery drain, and charging are all problems, but progress is being made on all of them. Getting apps to fit on the screen also needs some work. To be fair, the much more expensive Purism Librem 5 not only has similar problems but also has very long wait times to buy.

A consumer ready pinenote will take some time, but I have high hopes for both it and the pinephone. A lot of community members are donating quite a bit of good work and pine64.org has been good about incorporating the best of it and even providing free hardware to some.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote