View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #66
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I hope it doesn't break if a date is set to February 29, 2020. I'm testing it myself but still working out how the syntax works.
It won't break if the date ends up being on 29 Feb of a leap year. For example, 28 Feb 2020 + (1 day) will produce 29 Feb 2020. The date 28 Feb 2021 + (1 day) will produce 1 Mar 2021

By not supporting leap year I mean that with the exception of years, no calculation requires knowledge of whether 29 Feb (EDIT: or any other day of the month) matters. That is why there is no "month" calculation specifier, because the calculation can change when going over a leap February (EDIT: or if the current day doesn't exist in the target month). The problem is finessed for "years" by defining a year as 365 days, which given a valid date can never generate an invalid date, but the result might be a day short.

The syntax is straightforward: pairs of (numbers followed by a letter). The order is not important. Examples:
  • -10w: subtract 10 weeks.
  • 3d-1y: add 3 days and subtract 1 year.
  • -1y3d-10w: subtract one year, add 3 days, then subtract 10 weeks.

Last edited by chaley; 06-04-2021 at 04:39 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote