View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:01 AM   #62
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I've seen a lot of Doc Martin on PBS over the years. I think maybe S8 was the last one that's been on TV where I am. It was always a hit-or-miss show for me. What I would do was watch the first five or ten minutes to see what the plot of the week was. If it was something I wasn't very interested in or a character I didn't like then I would turn it off, wait until about 5 or 10 minutes before the end, and turn it back on to see how the plot was wrapped up. I'm glad to hear season 9 is good. I agree with you about Joe - a little goes a long way.
DM isn't for everyone -I was lukewarm on it at first but then it took me a while to adjust to British-style TV in general. Now all but a handful of my favorites are British/Irish/Aus/NZ.

They've made Joe a bit less cartoonish and all the characters a bit more likeable IMO, with less personal conflict. Even Bert isn't too far off the rails this time.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote