View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
As far as Collections are concerned, I simply was asking if it's normal for files already on the device not to be editable as far as "collections/series" metadata are concerned.
I needed to copy existing files over, from PC to Libra, in order to update the Series tag. If this is normal behavior, no problem.
The driver will do collection management for books on the device that are matched to books in the library. It doesn't touch anything that isn't recognised. The device list has a way to edit the collections, but, these are not actually written to the device. It is something that I should revisit, as it used to annoy me that it didn't work. But, I make sure I have all my books in the calibre library, so it wouldn't be something I'd ever actually use.

And yes, I maintain the KoboTouch driver in calibre and the Kobo Utilities plugin and several others are mine. Plus I maintain a few others from an author who is no longer around. That's purely self-interest as they are plugins that I use all the time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote