View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by awelow View Post
Hi all! First I want to congratulate you for the work, it is truly awesome.

I have a PW4, with the fw 5.10.1.3. I read the wiki and the forum a lot and I have a question. I have fully functional JB, with the hotfix, and kual+ and helper+ (according to the recommendations of @ilovejedd to prevent updates).

According to the wiki and the instructions for JB, they recommend after installing the hotfix, update the fw.

Is it safe to update to the last fw? I think it's 5.11.2. Because if I have to update, I do not understand so that updates with kual + and helper + are prevented.

I have used Koreader, it is configured so that as a screensaver the book that is being read appears, after a night in standby and 1 hour of reading, it has consumed 15-20% of battery. It is normal?
It is safe to update the most recent version.
As a matter of reduced effort, it would have been easier if you had update the firmware after installing the hotfix and before installing anything else.
But no matter, you just have to re-install all add-ins after doing the update. (Only the jb and the hotfix survives the update, everything else needs to be re-installed.)

The battery consumption is normal for the factory use only firmware.
That is; factory use only firmware is only intended to test the Kindle while on the factory.
It is the customer use firmware builds that are suppose to work for the customer (rather than for Q.A. on the factory).

TL;DR:
Update the current firmware and then re-install anything that breaks.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote