View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 05:31 PM   #70
max-min
max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: touch lux
A huge thank for m4mmon and nhedgehog for the detailed howto. I ran in the same problem, the internal microSD became read-only, on 2 different devices, it seems to be a recurrent problem.

I tried to get a solution from PB's help center, but the reply was "send us the devices" (and there is no PB repair center in the country where I live), no way to get the procedure to fix it by myself. Now, I understand why when I read this thread ;-).

I had to make a few tries before to manage, but at least, I got my touch lux 3 working again. Fantastic !

A few remarks to help other ones.
You just have to stick to m4mmon tuto to get rid of the flashing bootscreen. You can extract the necessary files with the nhedgehog's utility (thanx again for it), modify monitor.app as m4mmon showed it.
Put .sd_original_serial in sdx9, monitor_patched.app in sdx8, create the symlink from "pocketbook" to "monitor_patched.app" (after having "cd"-ed in this place and renamed or remove the old "pocketbook" link)

I've formerly tried to put .sd_original_serial in sdx7 (in /etc) or in sdx8, (together with monitor_patched.app) (after having modify monitor_patched accordingly, of course, pointing respectively on /etc/.sd_original_serial and ./.sd_original_serial), but it didn't did the trick, you have really to put it in sdx9

Hope this helps as much as the former posts helped me.

linux needed.

— Use nhedgehog's utility tou extract monitor.app and .sd_original_serial
— Put them in your PC.
— Modify monitor.app accordingly m4mmon showed and save it as monitor_patched.app
— Put original microSD in your PC
dd if=/dev/sdx of=pb-dd bs=1M
— put the new microSD in your PC
dd if=pb-dd of=/dev/sdx bs=1M
— after this, you should see few partitions in the newly formated microSD (as showed by m4mmon)
— mount sdx8 and sdx9 (for ex in /mnt/pb8 and pb9)
— copy .sd_original_serial in sdx9
— copy monitor_patched.app in sdx8
cd /mnt/pb8/ && mv pocketbook pocketbook_ORIG && ln -s monitor_patched.app pocketbook
— umount everything and put the new microSD in your PB, it should work.

Last edited by max-min; 04-30-2019 at 05:34 PM.
max-min is offline   Reply With Quote