View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #67
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
I'd be very happy to have this kind of clear sentence in the first post. It is a vital pre-requisite to know.

So, Plato exists but there is no sensible way to install it. Very unfortunate.

In my browsing, I often bypass colours. The best option is bullet points. E.g.

PREREQUISITES

- These one-click packages will not work for devices that have Kobo Start Menu!
-
-

INSTRUCTIONS

-
-
-

In the first post, the installation instructions part is quite nice, but what precedes it is not so instructive.

Sorry that I am wasting your time, but I got my time wasted too, and still no Plato.
I'm not a KSM expert (tried it maybe once years ago...), however, the KSM 9 thread seems to include some sort of instructions for installing Plato.

From https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293804:
Quote:
Note: koreader, plato, and vlasovsoft/pbchess/coolreader are not included in this package. You have to install them separately. The installation is the same for all three packages: Copy the main folder of each package, that means the folder koreader, respectively plato, respectively vlasovsoft, into the folder .adds that you will find on your device after KSM has been installed.
  • koreader: I would recommend that you install one of the recent builds that you can find here. Choose a package that has "kobo" in its name. H202 is supported since nightly build 1546-gd0130ae (06-Mar-2018, and requires KSM 09, update 2.
  • vlasovsoft: see here.
  • plato: see here. Currently, you have to install an updated start script for plato version 0.4.1+
That's from the original post in the KSM9 thread. Hopefully there's enough info in that thread to get you going with Plato.

Unfortunately, Plato's own documentation is... anemic when it comes to installation instructions for each launcher. FWIW, the Plato installation "instructions" can be found at https://github.com/baskerville/plato...r/doc/GUIDE.md.

Hope this helps, and good luck getting Plato working!
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote