View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I live in England where it is obviously mostly cold and wet. Three weeks ago, I happened to be on holiday on the south coast and it did not rain! So me and my boyfriend decided to risk it and go sit on a beach for an afternoon. I took lots of factor 30 so my skin didn't frizzle (I am practically blue and would take a week of sunbathing to turn white) & my kobo glo.
After about half an hour in the direct sunlight, the kobo started acting a bit odd. Like me, it is obviously not used to warm weather, but it seemed to be so overwhelmed by sitting on a beach in Cornwall in July and it not raining, that it started to freeze. It refused to page turn. It randomly went to the home screen. I held the power button a bit and it reset, but still kept acting strangely. I had to give up on reading and watch people instead. It was most annoying. The boyfriend fetched an ice cream which cheered me up a little, but of course, I'd rather have been reading.
Perhaps I should have taken the kobo out of its neoskin cover to help the heat a bit, but it is always in that cover. It was England anyway, not flipping Arizona.
We have booked a break to Majorca in October and I am worried about my kobo.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote