Thread: eReader Size
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
The Kindle 3 and Kobo are virtually the same size (the Kobo slightly thicker). I prefer the form factor over the Kindle 2. I don't have a need to slip a reader into a pocket but both fit comfortably into most any bag one (or one's spouse) might be dragging along.

The new Sony's are about the same size as well.

I know it's ridiculous, but the 5" screen looks WAY too small to me. And, the 6" screen Kindle 3 has made more complete use of top and side margins -- it packs more words, with the same size and line-spacing, vs the identical 6" screen Kindle 2. And, for a variety of reasons, the Kobo, too, packs less per page. So ... I'm a little shy about considering a 5" screen.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote